Monday, February 1, 2010

My Persona

Introduction

I am an extroverted 22 year old pursuing an MPA degree at UT Austin. I am excited to be a young professional in the city of Austin after I graduate. I am a particularly unique individual with various interests and hobbies, but I most closely identify with the cohort vignette of “Educated working woman,” Allison. Just like Allison, I am developing sophisticated taste in shopping for clothes and furniture, as well as maintaining a healthy lifestyle to stay trim and fit. On a weekly basis I study for classes, jog alongside town lake, try new recipes, and participate in local events around austin.

Technology Tastes

I consider myself to be very trendy when it comes to technology. I recently switched from being a PC user to adopting a Macbook Pro, and I have learned to use many of the tools that the machine offers. I am also a proud user of the second generation iPod because I feel as if I am part of the select few who first started the trend of owning this particular MP3 player. I love using photoshop, glitter, and acrylics to design and make paintings for myself and my friends. In addition, I am up to date with many online blogs including the cut, the superficial, celluloid and vinyl, that express my interests in fashion, celebrity gossip, and music. As mentioned in class, I am one of many who have taken advantage of expanding my music library with the transition of music becoming readily available to consumers. However, I also frequently visit local venues in Austin to support these talented artists for entertainment and enjoyment.

Shopping Habits

I am the type of person that knows exactly what I like when I see it. When I see something of interest I will research the product, ask my friends for their opinions, and shop for the lowest price. I love getting great deals on clothes, electronics, art supplies, and outdoor equipment. I utilize websites such as eBay or amazon to get the best value for the least cost.

My favorite stores for clothing include Anthropologie, Target, Fredflare, American Apparel, Nordstrom, Sephora, and Forever 21. I visit their websites on a biweekly basis to monitor their new products they have in stock and to keep track of product pricing. I also enjoy these websites because they inspire me to be more creative in designing my own accessories for the clothes I purchase. I have made headbands, belts, jewelry, and hats that are exclusive and truly capture the essence of my style.

Hobbies and Interests

Austin is a great city for active and energetic people like me who love to exercise and be outdoors. I love running around Town lake, walking my friend's dog, and playing frisbee in Zilker Park. I value camping and hiking outdoors as a very delightful recreational activity. It is also enjoyable to meet up with my friends on a beautiful day at one of the many local coffee shops that Austin has to offer.

Another interest that I have is reading books and keeping up with television shows. One of my favorite authors recently has been Malcolm Gladwell because of his ability to make acute observations about small things in life. I have an interest in many VH1 and MTV reality shows as well as popular tv shows such as The Office, The Bachelor, and Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

One of my biggest satisfactions in life is cooking natural food that tastes delicious, and sharing it with my friends and family. Each week I make an effort to cook dinner for them while trying new recipes. I also try to pair the meal with a complimentary wine in my effort of becoming a wine connoisseur.


1 comment:

  1. Nisha - Very interesting and definitely left me wanting to read more about you - especially about your creative side and designing your own accessories. You are a strong writer and I think I only noticed one issue, other than capitalization (which is ok in a blog), and this is you used 'that' when you should have used 'who' (e.g., "I am the type of person 'that' knows exactly...' should have a 'who' there instead). The length is right on the edge of the minimum guideline, so I would push yourself to write more in the next blog. Good job.

    ReplyDelete